Creating a product giveaway involves more than just picking a winner. Successful giveaways don’t happen by accident. The purpose of running a giveaway, includes creating brand awareness, generating engagement, and increasing sales.
Check out these tips to create a successful product giveaway!
It’s important to promote a giveaway everywhere you can including all social media platforms and alerting your email list. This can include a blog about the giveaway, sharing it in a newsletter, creating a Youtube video, posting on social media, reminding followers with a story or repost, or even hosting a Facebook Live - make it exciting!
Create a clear set of official rules
A giveaway post should include all the important information such as the requirements and how to enter.
In addition, include a short description of the benefits, and details on how to enter the giveaway along with the end date.
Giveaway Requirements: Like the post, Follow @nira_skin on Instagram + tag three friends in the comments.
You can copy/paste this to your caption:
NIRA SKINCARE LASER GIVEAWAY! 💕 NIRA brings the med-spa home to treat fine lines & wrinkles in just 2 minutes a day! Hands down my favorite anti-aging device! For a chance to win a FREE NIRA SKINCARE LASER:
- Like this post
- Follow @nira_skin ✨
- Tag 3 friends in the comments of specific photo
Giveaway closes (mm/dd) at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be chosen at random and get a DM from @nira_skin. Open to USA residents only. Good Luck! (This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook)
Offer An Incentive
You can spread the reach of your giveaway by offering an incentive for social sharing! The reason for a contestant to enter a giveaway is to win, right? So, why don’t we increase their chances of winning.
Increase contestants’ chances of winning by encouraging them to share the post! This way you earn an extra entry every time someone else enters the giveaway. Share the giveaway on your stories as well and encourage your followers to spread the word on their stories!
Choose A Winner
If using Gleam for your giveaway, they will choose a random winner for you! However, if choosing a winner manually, be sure to count all the entries and give each participant a fair chance!
Be sure to let those who didn't win know that they can still get 10% OFF with your unique affiliate discount code.
EXPERT TIP: If posting a giveaway in your blog, use Gleam.com to host the giveaway right on your website!
How To Embed Gleam On Your Blog
- In order to use our apps you will need to add a site to your account. You should have already added a site during signup which will be your default.
- Log into gleam
- Creating a competition - Click on the New Competition button on the top right
- Once you start a new competition you are taken to setup page, this is one of three tabs where you will configure your campaign:
- Add competition name, start/end date, timezone, Hide x ways to enter, hide total entry count
Add User Details With Gleam
- It’s important to know basic details about the users entering the giveaway. You can add multiples entries log in
- How to enter: Add a way to enter. For your blog, add the blog option and you can choose from the following: Comment on Blog Post, Write a Blog Post, Subscribe to RSS Feed